firefox grows, taking over all resources

Andrej Marjan amarjan-e+AXbWqSrlAAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Oct 2 01:36:49 UTC 2010

On October 1, 2010 03:50:23 pm Ian Petersen wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 12:37 PM, CLIFFORD ILKAY
>
> <clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > By the way, I've noticed sites using eyereturn.com are often terribly
> > slow. Perhaps a solution is to set eyereturn.com to 127.0.0.1 in your
> > hosts file.
>
> 0.0.0.0 would be better than 127.0.0.1.  I think it fails immediately,
> rather than trying to connect to localhost.
>
> Ian

The noscript extension is a must for any moderately savvy web user. It
defaults to disabling javascript and content plugins, and lets you easily
whitelist (permanently or temporarily) any sites you like.

It's amazing how much leaner Firefox is, and how much faster the web is in
general, with this extension.

It also includes protection against quite an assortment of browser attacks,
like many types of XSS, clickjacking, etc.