IPv4 to IPv6...

Colin McGregor colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 1 21:20:04 UTC 2010

I trust folks have seen articles such as:

http://arstechnica.com/business/news/2010/09/there-is-no-plan-b-why-the-ipv4-to-ipv6-transition-will-be-ugly.ars

that explain why things are going to HURT as we move (because we have
to) from IPv4 to IPv6.

So, questions to be tossed around, which ISPs support IPv6, as in, if
I wanted to set-up an IPv6 tunnel over IPv4 now, who does that? In
terms of hardware, I have an OLD Linksys WRT54G (one of the ones that
supports Linux) router, which I know can be converted to firmware that
supports IPv6 (see http://openwrt.org/), but what other
"consumer/small office" grade hardware supports/can be made to support
IPv6?

Colin.