firefox grows, taking over all resources

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 1 19:37:01 UTC 2010

On 10/01/2010 02:10 PM, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> Now I have to figure out how to uninstall it without a responsive browser.
> I guess I'll have to lose mey open tabs.

Kill FF and bring down your network interface. Start FF and it will try
to connect to all those sites but it can't so FF will work in "offline"
mode. Uninstall Firebug, bring up your network interface, and
selectively refresh the browser tabs until you find which one breaks the
camel's back. (Talk about mixed metaphors.)

You could also disable Firebug and enable it selectively for when you
need it, as I do. Firebug is the number one reason I use Firefox.
Without it, web development would be much more difficult. The Net tab,
as David CB pointed out, is useful.

By the way, I've noticed sites using eyereturn.com are often terribly
slow. Perhaps a solution is to set eyereturn.com to 127.0.0.1 in your
hosts file. :)
--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay