sezing ICANN ???

Digimer linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 29 19:34:14 UTC 2010

On 11/29/2010 02:21 PM, Zbigniew Koziol wrote:
> On 29/11/10 10:20 PM, Digimer wrote:
>> On 11/29/2010 02:12 PM, Zbigniew Koziol wrote:
>>> Madison,
>>>
>>> But anyway, someone will have a control of that? Who and how?
>>>
>>> Though I did met with that issue, but do not remember details.
>>
>> That's the trick, no one person or group would be in charge. It would
>> be distributed. Authority comes from consensus and can be revoked if
>> enough peers lose trust.
>>

> But anyway, which group will decide? Some details?

*No* group. By concensus. Each server decides which peers he/she trusts.
Each trust gives the server a vote. Enough votes and the server is
"trusted".

So for example, when a DNS client sends a request, it checks the trust
level of the responding server. If the trust is too low, the answer is
discarded and a request is made to another server.

Trusted servers could publish the list of other servers that they trust,
so clients can keep an up to date list of trusted servers.

--
Digimer
E-Mail: digimer-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
AN!Whitepapers: http://alteeve.com