sezing ICANN ???

Digimer linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 29 19:18:05 UTC 2010

On 11/29/2010 02:05 PM, Zbigniew Koziol wrote:
> On 29/11/10 10:05 PM, Digimer wrote:
>> On 11/29/2010 01:53 PM, Zbigniew Koziol wrote:
>>> Would you be able to comment on this? Please?
>>>
>>> http://www.osnews.com/story/24074/US_Government_Censors_70_Websites
>>>
>>> zb.
>>
>> Simple: It's time to de-centralize control of core Internet functions
>> so that no one group or country has control.
>>
> So far I may understand. Any more comments, please? I am not in Canada.
> It it always more difficult understanding the situation from far away.
>
> zb.

It's not a Canadian issue, it's a global one.

What is needed are root servers for various services, like DNS, whose
authority is granted via a "web of trust". As new servers come online
and gain reputation, they will be used. When a root server acts
improperly, be it by purpose or fault, it's trust is removed. Clients
can then check with various servers and disregard responses from
untrusted servers.

In this case, the US-owned root DNS servers could have their global
trust revoked, this triggering clients to disregard them in favour of
root servers with higher trust.

--
Digimer
E-Mail: digimer-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org