ups power supply

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 29 17:32:12 UTC 2010

On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 07:38:57AM -0500, Rajinder Yadav wrote:
> On 10-11-26 01:50 PM, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
>> On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 01:48:22PM -0500, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
>>> Do your machines have power supplies with active power factor correction?
>>
>> As a general rule, if you have a switch to select between 115 and 230V,
>> then you do NOT have active PFC.  If you have no selector switch, then
>> you probably do.
>>

> wow getting a basic UPS is more complicated and expensive than I
> figured, will have to do more reading up on it. thanks for the info!

Exactly.  Rather painful when you want one, but don't really want to
spend that kind of money.

The cyberpower PP1500SWT2 is the cheapest 1500VA (1000W) I have found,
which is $350 at greytech.com and claims 3 minutes at full load, 11
minutes at half load.  Well cheapest with pure sinewave output.

--
Len Sorensen