ups power supply

Kevin Cozens kevin-4dS5u2o1hCn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 28 18:31:29 UTC 2010

Rajinder Yadav wrote:
> wow getting a basic UPS is more complicated and expensive than I
> figured, will have to do more reading up on it.

You also need to look at how a UPS provides AC power to the devices plugged
in to it. The method used determines various operational factors such as
time to switch between hydro and backup power, and the ability to handle
brownouts, over voltage conditions, and power spikes and noise on the hydro
AC line.

There is some good information about different types of UPS in Wikipedia at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uninterruptible_power_supply