Making disc images

Digimer linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 23 17:23:01 UTC 2010

On 11/23/2010 12:09 PM, William O'Higgins Witteman wrote:
> I have to set up ten Acer netbooks, with Windows XP (sorry) and software
> and correct configuration, and I hoped that rather than setting up each
> machine manually I could configure one the way I like it and then clone
> the disk on the other machines.
>
> Has anyone got a tutorial and a set of software that they would
> recommend for this purpose?  Thanks.

If you've got access to Microsoft's (forgot the name, network for
resellers), they have, I believe, a tool for creating custom
installation media. It would allow you to customize everything and then
just prompt for the OS license key and user accounts.

Sorry I can't be more specific. I've seen it, but never used it.

--
Digimer
E-Mail: digimer-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
AN!Whitepapers: http://alteeve.com