Open Media?

sciguy-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org sciguy-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 22 03:53:08 UTC 2010

I'm not sure if you understand my question. I meant that, would the new
ruling mean that both the website owner and the person who visits it be
charged for the same traffic, in effect, allowing the ISP to collect
revenue twice for the same bytes being transported? That would
definitely sound abusive.

I have no idea what you construe as abuse, apart from spam, I suppose.
I get a freakin' ton of it, and I've learned to cope with it years ago,
as I believe most people would have by now. Would there really be
anything more compelling than spam that would cause me to sign up with
an ISP that charges by the byte, and would it really get rid of all
that spam that mostly comes from foreign countries?

Paul