Open Media?

Jason Carson jason-HjkH5KTEMfuEjziKL+yzSg at public.gmane.org
Sat Nov 20 08:12:03 UTC 2010

I just watched a documentary on CBC investigating whether we have become
"digital dummies"...

http://www.cbc.ca/documentaries/doczone/2010/digitaldummies/

...Then the CRTC rules that ISP`s can charge per byte...

http://www.cbc.ca/smartshift/2010/10/crtc-green-lights-usage-based-internet-billing.html

...So the internet will become more expensive. This would mean we use the
internet less thus avoiding becoming "digital dummies". Which really is
not a bad thing.

But that aside I still don`t want to have to pay by the byte. I run my own
email server and personal web page on my DSL connection and although I
don`t have a large amount of traffic to the site or a large volume of
email. The little traffic I do get would now cost me money.