OpenVPN to the U of T Network?

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 19 01:10:42 UTC 2010

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 05:03:32PM -0500, Alex Volkov wrote:
> It probably pushes its routing table and dns server information, which may
> cause problems.
>
> I configured client/server read the docs for both it would help you to at
> least grasp the concept.

It is just a matter of running the utorvpn setup, point your openvpn
client at the generated U of T config, and update your resolv.conf.

That last part is what you are missing, try adding the nameservers
manually and you should be all set (using the IPs of ns1/2/3 in
resolv.conf will work, it does for me over unsecured wifi).

Jamon