Are you running Linux as your desktop?

Howard Gibson hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Nov 13 19:08:42 UTC 2010

On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 13:39:06 -0500
William Muriithi <william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> http://www.economist.com/node/21012729
>
> A different version of the same stuff
>
> The guy got so many fact wrong I do not know where to start.  For
> example, apparently, XP is still widely used not because of human
> natural inertia to change, but because of wide selection of drivers.

William,

   The guy is partially right.  Telnet _is_ a security hole, and you should not install it.  There is no need for it on a consumer's computer, and it should be offered on a designated user-friendly Linux distro.

   A major problem with Windows Vista is that lack of IE6 support.  So many companies out there have written online applications that require it.

--
Howard Gibson
hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
howardg-PadmjKOQAFn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org