How to win friends

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 12 16:44:01 UTC 2010

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010, James Knott wrote:

> A few months ago, I was filling in an online form, that wouldn't accept email
> addresses, such as mine that have a period in the name part.  Fortunately, I
> have another address, which I wound up using.

A couple of times I've had to enter details on websites that insist on
having the phone number in a particular format but decline to state what
that format is.  Options include dashes, spaces, brackets around area code
and the plus sign.

I suppose a bunch of their sysadmins/devs are sitting back laughing over a
beer as the poor user tries in vain to enter the number in a valid format
:)

Rob

--
Email: robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org		Linux counter ID #16440