How to win friends

phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 12 15:14:03 UTC 2010

> On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 08:06:06 -0500
> phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org wrote:
>
>> > Peter,
>> >
>> >    This sounds like a daily sucker on http://www.webpagesthatsuck.com.
>> >
>> Yeah, now that I know how to crash their site, I could enter a hyphen
>> into
>> the purchase order number field and then do a screen capture of the
>> resulting javascript error messages.
>>
>> I guess one could argue that it's no longer a web site at that point ;).
>>
>> P.
>
> Peter,
>
>    No.
>
>    I mean that if you send it in and it gets featured, you will feel
> better.  Vincent Flanders does emphasize the importance of websites
> attracting and keeping customers.

I remember reading their book many years ago. My impression was that they
were rating visual appearance and organization. The Future website is no
better or worse in that department, but it commits suicide on certain
inputs. I'll have a look at their web page later today and see if they
have a category for that specific suckance.

--
Peter Hiscocks
Syscomp Electronic Design Limited, Toronto