How to win friends

phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 12 13:06:06 UTC 2010

> On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 10:55:23 -0500
> phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org wrote:
>
>> Me: Your web page crashed when I was trying to order parts.
>>
>> Future Electronic Support Person: What were you doing when it crashed?
>>
>> M: Well, the first time, I entered a purchase order number with a dash
>> in it.
>>
>> F: You can't do that

> Peter,
>
>    This sounds like a daily sucker on http://www.webpagesthatsuck.com.

Yeah, now that I know how to crash their site, I could enter a hyphen into
the purchase order number field and then do a screen capture of the
resulting javascript error messages.

I guess one could argue that it's no longer a web site at that point ;).

P.

--
Peter Hiscocks
Syscomp Electronic Design Limited, Toronto