draw a pretty timeline graphic w/ text?

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 11 03:59:06 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 12:35:44PM +0000, Peter wrote:
> William Park <opengeometry at ...> writes:
> > When was last time you actually wrote *roff document from scratch?
>
> Sorry for the late answer. I wrote manpages for utilities I wrote since about
> 1997 or so and current. The last edit to one such page occurred less than a
> month ago. No problems writing and no problem editing. Of course I used the man
> macros.
>
> But, as I said, (g)roff without -man produces decent results due to the sane
> builtin defaults. MUCH saner than wyswyg editors.

I use TeX/LaTeX for multi page documents, and MS-Word for single pagers.
One thing that I couldn't get over is, the way paragraphs are broken up
by .xx formats.  It's very difficult to write, read, and edit.  It's
like reading Forth program.  Forth/RPN is okey for calculators, but
crazy for anything real.

--
William