CyangenMod or Android Market for tethering?

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 9 16:17:37 UTC 2010

Andrew Malcolmson wrote:
> Yup, not on mine so must have been removed by Rogers.
I fail to understand why Rogers offers large data plans and not provide
phones that support tethering.  I have a 6 GB plan and would be very
hard pressed to use more than a tiny fraction of that without
tethering.  Now, instead of looking for a hotspot where I can connect my
notebook computer, I just fire up the portable hotspot on my Nexus One.
Incidentally, the phone will support up to 8 computers via WiFi.  When I
met some friends for breakfast, a couple of months ago, we had 5
computers and other devices connecting through it.