problems with teksavvy

Digimer linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 9 04:44:40 UTC 2010

On 10-11-08 10:33 PM, James Knott wrote:
> Digimer wrote:
>> I know that, on phones at
>> least, they block many ports which I was told flat out that they did not
>> do.
> How do you know they block those ports.  WiFi tethering uses NAT to
> share an address with multiple devices.  That NAT will block ports and I
> don't know of any way to get around it.

I've got the Nexus one which acts as an AP. When I spoke to Wind after
getting their service, I worked my way up the support ladder and reached
a tech who confirmed that "non-standard ports are blocked". This was
also who confirmed that the basic Internet stick is the one with no
blocked ports.

--
Digimer
E-Mail: digimer-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org