Setting up Debian

Daniel Wayne Armstrong daniel-HRJVlgn2G/y5aS82P/H3Zg at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 8 06:05:29 UTC 2010

On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 4:40 PM, Rajinder Yadav <devguy.ca-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> 3) I added the following source, are there other source I can add for
> package management that is worth noting?
>
> http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free

For extra multimedia stuff you might want to add Marillat's multimedia
pkg archive:

1/ Download and install archive encryption key for debian-multimedia
packages ...

 wget -c http://www.debian-multimedia.org/pool/main/d/debian-multimedia-keyring/debian-multimedia-keyring_2008.10.16_all.deb
sudo dpkg -i debian-multimedia-keyring_2008.10.16_all.deb

2/ Edit /etc/apt/sources.list by adding a new package repository:

deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org/ lenny main non-free

3/ Save the changes and update/upgrade the list of packages:

aptitude update && aptitude full-upgrade

--
(\__/) -- Daniel
(=.= ) -- http://circuidipity.com