OT: Question about pre-recorded calls

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 4 20:42:59 UTC 2010

I figured somebody out there may have the answer to this...
Every now and then I get calls from "The Brick" (ever since I bought
furniture there last year, which was a nightmare in itself) about
upcoming sales etc. It's always a pre-recorded message from whomever
happens to be running the store at the time.

I had *thought* that making robo-calls without an actually person on
the other end was not legal. Can anyone clarify whether this is the
case?

--
Tyler Aviss
Systems Support

“It can takes months to gain a customer, but only seconds to lose one"