encrypted code

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 1 16:06:09 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 01, 2010 at 06:29:10AM -0400, Dave Cramer wrote:
> Is there an available package/standard for encrypting code ? What I am
> looking to do is to encrypt the file using ssl or some other mechanism
> and to have to get the key to decrypt it from the server, then execute
> it.

I think the simple answer is: No.

What exactly is the purpose of doing it?  What are you trying to
accomplish?

You would probably need to have a wrapper binary that does the
communications and then decrypts some other binary (which probably means
writing it decrypted somewhere in other to execute it), or decrypts to
ram and executes the decrypted code (which modern systems don't permit
since allowing execution of data is a major source of security holes).

--
Len Sorensen