Ubuntu 10.04 screen resolutions

Fabio FZero fabio.fzero-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon May 31 01:23:06 UTC 2010

I gave up on Ubuntu precisely because of that. It couldn't make heads
or tails of my old-ish Toshiba notebook videocard unless I
specifically added a kernel option on grub. This is simply not
acceptable because:

1. It's 2010. It's high time we're past that kind of issue.
2. The videocard is a common, run-of-the-mill, standard, old Intel GMA 950.
3. The previous Ubuntu versions worked perfectly (for shame!).

So guess which distro worked fine out of the box?

Debian testing.

By the way it has serioulsy improved since they fixed their release
schedule; you can't really complain that the packages are out of date
anymore (yes, even in stable).

- FZ