two bargains? MB+CPU; 1U server

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri May 28 05:44:15 UTC 2010

I haven't had a biostar mobo in recent years, but the one I had years ago
served faithfully.

I loathe Dell desktops (non-standard parts, highly expensive replacements,
often crappy mobos), but we have mostly Dell servers at work, and they've
been pretty solid, not to mention speedy parts delivery, RMA (a few flakey
drives) etc. There's a definite divide between their corporate and consumer
service/components.

On 2010-05-27 1:03 PM, "Lennart Sorensen" <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org>
wrote:

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 02:32:49PM -0400, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> NewEgg.ca's "Shell Shocker" (o...
Not sure about Biostar boards.  Never dealt with them.

The CPU is sold out however so it probably doesn't matter.  I guess they
wanted to clear out the old leftovers and seem to have succeeded.

> Dell's "SMB Days" (a few one-day deals, in sequence) today includes a
> PowerEdge R210 server wit...
Well I know enough to not buy any computer that says Dell on it.
Monitors and some other parts are great from Dell, but I will not touch
their computers or printers.

> Oh, they have a massively discounted D-Link DSM-330 HD Media Player
> ($199.99 discounted to $59....
No idea.

--
Len Sorensen