"clickfree" USB HDD

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu May 27 18:31:37 UTC 2010

We recently got some of these at work. When they're plugged in, they
show up with a small "47mb" filesystem with the software that autoruns
in windows, as well as a regular drive.
The small filesystem appears to show as a ISO9660 drive (fake CD-ROM
drive?). I'm guessing that it's just a little bit of flash memory,
perhaps an embedded SD card or something similar.

If it's a ROM chip I'm guessing it can't be changed. Alternately,
anyone know of a way I might overwrite that little area of flash drive
with something useful (like a rescue image)?

--
Tyler Aviss
Systems Support

“It can takes months to gain a customer, but only seconds to lose one"