Is Arch Linux Really Faster Than Ubuntu?

Marcelo Cavalcante kalibslack-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue May 25 17:49:08 UTC 2010

> The thing is that I don't believe being forced to deal with all the

details up front is a good way to learn.  In fact I think it just puts

most people off.  It also doesn't show you how things could be done better

(by in fact automating things).  How is leraning good design practices

not a good thing?  A simplestic system doesn't teach you that.

Not what I mean...

You're not forced to do anything...

Come on.. We're using Linux.. We can have a lot of distros.. hundreds.. a
lot of options..

So, you're not "forcing anyone to deal with all the details". We're just
giving an option for those who want to have this kind of experience.
Understand?

For example.. Let's suppose that someone already knows a lot of Linux but
doesn't want to spend a lot of time installing a linux distro dealing with
all these details. But, the person is interested on try Arch Linux system,
pacman package manager, etc.. The Arch Way... Well.. If you wanna try Arch,
but doesn't wanna deal with all the details like you said, we won't force
you to do it. You can try Chackra Linux (http://chakra-project.org/).

Chackra is a live cd using Arch Linux with kde packages. You'll have a
simple installation system (simpler than Ubuntu, in my opinion, by the way).

;]
---
-  °v°   Marcelo Cavalcante Rocha / Kalib
- /(_)\  ITIL V3 Foundation Certified | Certified Scrum Master
-  ^ ^   Usuário Linux #407564 / Usuário Asterisk #1148
- GNU-Linux - Livre, Poderoso e Seguro
- TUX-CE Member - www.tux-ce.org
- Archlinux-br Developer Team - http://archlinux-br.org
- KDE Brasil Member
- TLUG Member - Toronto Linux User Group
- http://www.marcelocavalcante.net