Upgrade to Ubuntu 10.4 results in failure to boot into Windows

Paul King sciguy-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org
Tue May 25 10:35:09 UTC 2010

Hello

Over the weekend, I upgraded my Linux partition to Ubuntu 10.4, and now
I am finding that while grub acknowledges my Windows partition and lists
it in the boot menu; and while I can mount my windows partition and see
the files (/dev/sda1), choosing windows results in a blinking cursor on
the top left of the screen, with nothing happening. I can still reboot
with CTRL+ALT+DEL.

I recall, when first upgrading, answering some installation questions
about grub that I wasn't ready for (in other words, I wasn't careful).
As a result, I am not sure of what got written to the MBR.

Any help would be appreciated.

Paul