interesting hackable device?

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat May 22 19:15:49 UTC 2010

Around $100 for a wifi device with an 18cm screen which can run some portion
of the Android app base is interesting, for sure.

It's not evident that there's a way to get at the direct code base (e.g. -
so one might customize at lower layers as can be done with Android projects
such as CyanogenMod).  Without that, it seems more like mere curiosity to
me.  (And that includes an implication of "it runs Linux" also being a
curiosity largely devoid of relevance.)

I fully expect to see lots more of these, and better, if iPad demonstrates a
market.  My inclination is to wait for more eye-popping options, but I do
watch with interest.  I noticed it independently.