Tools for processing "template"?

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Fri May 21 22:13:00 UTC 2010

Hi all,

This seems to be recurring task.  What tools to you use to process
"template"?

That is, you have a template file (say, a text file) with bunch of
placeholders, and you need to replace those placeholders with actual
data (say, generated by script, extracted from other files, calculated
by formula, etc).

The reason why I'm asking is that getting the "actual data" to insert is
not that easy to do in PHP, Perl, or Python, even if I were to write
C-extensions to those languages.  This could be for many reasons, ie.
development time, maintenance/support issue, hardware/system constraint,
3rd-party application quirks, etc.

--
William