[OT] How to Diagnose Problem Inboud Connect Through Router?

Stephen stephen-d-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu May 20 12:32:23 UTC 2010

I have set up OpenSSH on my Linux server and Putty as a client on my
Windows laptop.

They connect just fine at home.

I set the router's firewall to forward port 22 to the Linux server.

I can ping the router just fine. But I get unable to connect errors when
trying to connect using SSH.

How can I diagnose this?

I am thinking that I connect the laptop to the WAN port on the router,
hard code IP's for the wan port and the laptop and go from there. Am I
on the right track?

Thanks
Stephen