OT experiences with tigerdirect

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue May 18 17:30:23 UTC 2010

The said the same thing to me after I bought my TV. Months later, I got
another "thanks for your purchase" email and found that they'd "purchased"
the recycle/disposal fee for me, without authorization. It was never shown
in the original invoice (and for some merchants it's often rolled into the
price).

Talking to TD's service reps, and even a manager, was useless... nevermind
that unauthorized charges to a credit card are a pretty big deal. In my
case, Visa took my dispute and refunded the unauthed charge, but I no longer
trust TD. For your case, if it was the price on the invoice and not a
mail-in-rebate, you'll likely not get much assistance from visa...

On 2010-05-18 10:21 AM, "Dave Cramer" <davec-zxk95TxsVYDyHADnj0MGvQC/G2K4zDHf at public.gmane.org> wrote:

I know of people who use TigerDirect but I don't recall hearing of
> advertsing code problems.
>
> I...
Yes, I have. I have sent email to their customer support. Their
response was that they could do nothing about it.

What would you propose ?

Dave

--
The Toronto Linux Users Group. Meetings: http://gtalug.org/