best way to share user data in a computer centre?

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun May 16 18:03:16 UTC 2010

I wish that distributed filesystems like Coda (which later got redone as
InterMezzo, then toasted by MSR) had progressed, as we might have something
decent by now.

Sharing options suck fairly badly.  NFS seems about the most workable
option.

I wish I could suggest more alternatives.

9p from Plan 9 seems widely implemented, but making it work seems
problematic.

CFS let's you do Microsoft-centric filesystem sharing, seeming rather
hateful.

I'm not sure Coda still works...  it was interesting.

AFS is way too complex for the scenario described.

I'd be keen on hearing of plausible alternatives.