OT: Password sharing

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri May 14 18:35:51 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 11:15:51AM -0700, Tyler Aviss wrote:
> A question. How many people here share your password at home. For
> example with your family and/or significant-other. Do you have a
> private login, or do you just let them at everything or use a shared
> account?
>
> Either way, what are your reasons?

My passwords are my passwords.

My wife knows the root password to the mythtv box since we both do things
on it and sometimes it does crash.

I don't know her admin passwords and she doesn't know mine.

Of course with physical access to a machine there really is no security,
so I could bypass any admin password needs if I ever had a need to,
but otherwise why would I need them.

--
Len Sorensen