headless vm host

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu May 13 15:25:31 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 11:14:06AM -0400, Dave Cramer wrote:
> I'm trying to avoid the bleeding edge here ... using CentOS 5.4 as the
> base system
>
> The biggest problem with the bleeding edge is upgrading hosts
>
> This is a subject I would like to see covered at sometime. Upgrading distros

Well I am running debian stable, with only the kernel and kvm taken from
the backports archive.  Hardly bleeding edge.  Very reliable and very
effective though.  Much easier to deal with than anything based on
Redhat too.

As far as I can tell, kvm is where most of the linux distributions are
betting now, with maybe one or two still clinging to xen.  No one but
sun seems to care for virtual box (although for windows users it is an
excellent alternative to vmware, and probably better than virtualPC).

--
Len Sorensen