[OT] Getting out from behind a corporate firewall

Stephen stephen-d-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon May 10 15:16:59 UTC 2010

In June I start work on a ten month project for a company that makes
network equipment for ISPs.

I expect that they have a very tight firewall and web proxy.

I want to be able to get out from it, of course.

Nothing more than email and accessing photography web sites that are
banned on most proxies.

I have read about httptunnel. Is this the way to go?

I will have an XP machine as client, and have a Linux server with a
public IP at home.

All thoughts welcome!

Stephen