Help with plug and play - USB Webcam conflicts with Tv Tuner

Kevin Cozens kevin-4dS5u2o1hCn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 31 18:26:20 UTC 2010

TeeCee wrote:
> Hi, thanks for responding to this thread. I tried blacklisting the
> saa7134 but then tvtime can't start the module on its own. Without the
> webcam installed I use this to start tvtime with sound.

The idea with blacklisting a module is to stop it from loading
automatically and leading to a problem. If your app doesn't wind up

1. Change the app startup (using a shell script?) to load the module
2. Load the module in rc.local since the other module should have loaded
by the time rc.local is run.