Asus motherboard? -- never again!

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 30 15:19:11 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 09:53:25AM -0400, Jose wrote:
> My only complain about asus is that their bios demands certain amount of
> ramm of the physical side, and last time I upgraded to 4 GB and darn
> thing took 850Mb out of it, what's with that.
>
> Other than that I believe these motherboards are solid

That's a chipset issue, not the BIOS.  Nothing to do with Asus.  It is
in fact PCI that is demanding memory address space, not the BIOS.

Some chipsets can remap, in which case there will be a BIOS setting to
enable that feature (often on by default).

Usually chipsets that could not remap were made by intel, although most
newer intel chipsets can remap memory above 4GB.

--
Len Sorensen