Asus motherboard? -- never again!

Jose jtc-vS8X3Ji+8Wg6e3DpGhMbh2oLBQzVVOGK at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 30 14:33:44 UTC 2010

On 3/30/2010 10:10 AM, Matthew Godycki wrote:

>> My only complain about asus is that their bios demands
>> certain amount of
>> ramm of the physical side, and last time I upgraded to 4 GB
>> and darn
>> thing took 850Mb out of it, what's with that.
>>

> Sounds to me like an OS issue.  32-bit operating systems are routinely only able to address just over 3GB.

Not sure, as the BIOS does only reports 3.2 GB and the manual say the
mother board does it an "calculated amount of RAM based on the physical
amount for internal calculations", what ever that really means for the
hardware, I have been using pae version with this machine and other
machine with no problem, but of course the BIOS reports the correct
amount ram