[OT?] Android phones

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 29 16:15:50 UTC 2010

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 07:35:37AM -0400, James Knott wrote:
> Christopher Browne wrote:
>>
>> I worry that Android may be diverging from Linux, but it doesn't much
>> affect application space, and kernel devs are worrying about it, and
>> the problem does not seem intractable.
> Why is that a problem?  While it would be nice if they didn't diverge,
> it's still open source that has it's /root in Linux.

Android has lots a huge amount of kernel development resources by going
their own way.  Also the fact their code wasn't getting merged is a bad
sign for their coding style and development practices.

Having to port features from one to the other if you want something is
a waste of time for something that shouldn't have had to be done.

Google has done something extremely stupid here.  I for one will NOT be
supporting them in it in any way.

--
Len Sorensen