Asus motherboard? -- never again!

Renata Rocha natzilla-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Mar 28 14:14:17 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 19:29, Peter King <peter.king.1-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> In 2005, I put together a computer with an Asus M2V motherboard. It
> ran for three years and, minutes after the expiration of the warranty,
> died with a series of cascading bus errors.

 A long time ago I bought an Asus A7V-something and tried to install
both Windows Server and Free BSD on my box.

Windows installation would give me "System Halted" with BSOD after
almost all steps, and the BSD Kernel wouldn't even boot, with kernel
panic.

I found a bunch of people with the same problem. Windows 98 would
install, but not the Server, and Linux would also run, but not BSD.

I gave up on Windows and BSDs and kept my box running Linux (it
wouldn't work even after Bios Update... )

WEIRD problem. I can't stand Asus after this one. It was followed by a
Gigabyte, could install anything (well, didn't try Windows)

--
Renata Rocha
re-9siASaY8nq0dnm+yROfE0A at public.gmane.org
http://www.linkedin.com/in/renatarocha