More USB woes

Thomas Milne tbrucemilne-TcoXwbchSccMMYnvST3LeUB+6BGkLq7r at public.gmane.org
Sat Mar 27 07:00:12 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 3:18 PM, Lennart Sorensen
> On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 01:04:58PM -0400, Thomas Milne wrote:
>> Like so many problems in life, this one was solved by throwing a bunch
>> of money at it.
>>
>> I bought this:
>>
>> http://www.wdc.com/en/products/Products.asp?DriveID=587
>>
>> The WD MyBook World Edition 2TB. It connects to your LAN and
>> automatically sets up shares that can be accessed by the media browser
>> on your PS3 or XBox, which is what I was doing before with my
>> computer, Mediatomb, and my big external drive.
>>
>> It has a USB expansion port, so I can plug my old drive into it and
>> easily copy over all of my files.
>>
>> Also, apparently it runs BusyBox, so you can even connect to it by SSH.
>
> You didn't solve the problem.  You elliminated the problem with a
> workaround. :)

Well, you're right about that, I eliminated my ancient computer. Now
it all just goes through the router, which is probably almost as
powerful as my computer. What you said in the other post about the
voltages makes sense, especially when I think about the way the system
responded when I connected my USB printer.

--
TBM