Asus motherboard? -- never again!

Colin McGregor colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 26 14:40:07 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 7:29 PM, Peter King <peter.king.1-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

[issues with multiple ASUS motherboards snipped]

I basically just buy ASUS motherboards, and over the last 10 years I
haven't had hardware issues with them. What I did run into a few years
ago was a BIOS bug that from my point of view rendered a motherboard
useless... I wanted a small box that I could put in my bedroom to
serve as a diskless client tied to my "main" MythTV PC. The BIOS bug
caused the motherboard to present a invalid (read a broadcast) MAC
address to the network. Okay, so mine was an issue that would not be
noticed by 99.9% + of the buyers of that motherboard, but it caused me
grief, and I made very sure ASUS was made well aware of the trouble I
had. It did take more months than I was happy with, but they did
release an updated BIOS that did fix this issue...

Colin.