Powerline ethernet experiences?

Rafael Carneiro rafael.carneiro-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 22 22:09:22 UTC 2010

Hey guys,

I'm thinking about buying the Linksys PLK300 (
http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=27_360&item_id=020890).
I like the flexibility that comes with it, I could easily move a mythtv
frontend between rooms and also extend my LAN by simply buying another
adapter.
I've read many reviews and it seems that the real world throughput for those
devices is 30Mbps~70Mbps, depending on whether you have your devices
connected to a single circuit or not (do they mean circuit breaker
perhaps?).

Anyways, my motivation is video streaming (mythtv box/ps3mediaserver <>
ps3). My WRT54GL (running dd-wrt btw) is just not enough. It works for the
most part but anything >= 720p gets really choppy.

I have not completely given up on the idea of running a cat-6. Why don't you
guys have conduits here in Canada? =D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrical_conduit

Cheers,
Rafael