you sat tomato, ddwrt or openWRT ?

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 19 15:25:00 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 11:10:35AM -0400, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> | From: Andrej Marjan <amarjan-e+AXbWqSrlAAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>
>
> | LWN had a decent review of Tomato, including some concerns:
> | http://lwn.net/Articles/369367/
>
> Thanks for pointing that out.
>
> Even the comments submitted to that article were worth reading.
> Amazing: in the vast majority of things I read, comments added by
> users are boring, uninformed, or vile.
>
> In particular, one comment directed me to this dd-wrt forum thread
> <http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=35783&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0>
> After reading it I don't think I'll run dd-wrt.

Why not? The main developer actively responded in the thread, most devs don't even bother lurking on their project's forums.

That thread is also from 2 years ago -- if it was all that bad I'd expect the project would have folded by now, but it hasn't. So, honest mistake, that was corrected, more than 2 years ago, no reason to write off the whole project.

Jamon