Routing choice under user control per application instance?

S P Arif Sahari Wibowo arifsaha-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 18 21:55:16 UTC 2010

On Thu, 18 Mar 2010, Tyler Aviss wrote:
> What are the applications?

The application is not specific and my connect to any IP. So it
can be browsers, mail client, chat client, torrent client, etc.
Two application instances of the same kind may run together
(e.g. 2 different browsers or running 2 different instances of
alpine mail client) and one should connect using the first
connection and the other connect using the second connection.

> c) Have a proxy of some sort which will pass traffic to the
> secondary router only, and if your application(s) support
> proxy settings, set all the ones you want to use the alternate
> router to use the proxy.

Hmm, may work for certain application (browser for instance).
Can a proxy setup that way (a proxy is an application anyway).

Thanks!

--
    ____  ____  ____  ____ (stephan paul) Arif Sahari Wibowo
   /___  /___/ /___/ /___      http://www.arifsaha.com/