you sat tomato, ddwrt or openWRT ?

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 18 18:00:46 UTC 2010

| From: David J Patrick <djp-tnsZcVQxgqO2dHQpreyxbg at public.gmane.org>

| I have 2 Linksys WRT WiFi Access Point routers to update or reflash,

There are a bunch of different Linksys routers with the WRT prefix.
Are these the famous WRT54gl or some other model?  It gets even worse:
there are different versions labelled WRT54g; only the early versions
support third party firmware well.

| linuxcaffe and linuxcaffe-park, now "running" OpenWRT and ddwrt, respectively.
|
| the question;
|
| OpenWRT, DDwrt, tomato, or something else ?
|
| (I say tomato, becuase I hope to be sporting dual-line MLPPP from teksavvy,
| soon, and that will entail a tomatofied WRT, according to teksavvy.

You have the experiment running in-house now.  Which do you like
better, OpenWRT of ddwrt?

My impressions (not facts):
- OpenWRT is the truly open project
- ddwrt is more like an appliance
- xwrt is a nice gui packaging of OpenWRT (that's the one I've
  actually used, but only a bit)

Have a look at the thread "Announcing OpenWrt/MLPPP - multilink
firmware for consumer routers - Caneris & Acanac" in this list.
That may be the best choice to support MLPPP.