Legal movie "rental streaming" services for Canada

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 17 22:54:34 UTC 2010

Does anyone know of any services offered that allow one to "rent" a
movie or show and then stream it (or download it and have it expire),
that are available in Canada.
While I have doubts that such a service might work for 'nix due to
DRM, if there's one that'll work with my 'nix box I'll be tickled
pink.

I don't watch a lot of TV overall, but I'd love to have something
where I decide to catch a movie at work, tell my box at home to grab
it (via SSH or whatever) and have it waiting for me there. Of course
torrents work for that, but I really would like a legal way to do
so...