OT: Anyone Know Of Any Scottish Restaurants In Toronto?

Brian Carlile brian.carlile-PeCUgM4zDv73fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 4 22:22:55 UTC 2010

D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> | From: Michael Lauzon <mlauzon-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>
>
> | As the subject says, does anyone know of any Scottish restaurants in
> | Toronto?
>
> There's this really big scottish chain, McDonalds.
>
> <http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080025/quotes>
>
> H.G. Wells: This is delicious, far superior to that Scottish place I breakfasted.
> Amy Robbins: Scottish?
> H.G. Wells: McDonald's.
>
> [The quote isn't quite as I remember it.]

To quote Colin McGregor (who, with a name like that should know)

Well, Scotland has been behind many original culinary inventions ...
most of them ghastly and horrid  :-)

As someone who used to perform at the Edinburgh Festival fairly
regularly, I have to say there's nothing like a Scottish boarding house
breakfast. Tea, toast, cereal, tinned fruit, as the appetiser, Bacon,
Egg, Sausage, Black Pudding, White Pudding. Haggis, mushrooms, grilled
tomatoes, baked beans, fried bread and hash browns as the main course
and coffee, fruit juice, toast and marmalade to wash it all down. Can't
comment on lunch or dinner in Edinburgh - just breakfast and straight to
the pub after the show. It makes an American diner "all you can eat
experience" seem like a special for wimps. If anyone ever finds a mad
Scot recreating this experience in the GTA do tell us all and we could
try to organise a discount with the ambulance service.

- at the command prompt type: apt-get overload!