OT: Anyone Know Of Any Scottish Restaurants In Toronto?

phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 4 20:04:19 UTC 2010

Last time I was there (some years ago) the menu was a very curious
mixture, pure Toronto Multiculture. I recall Blood Pudding being on the
menu.

The fish and chips was excellent, I think they were using something like a
tempura batter.

P.

> There's a Hamish's Fish and Chip Restaurant at Pharmacy and St. Clair
> that serves decent haggis and chips. Or used to be, it's been a few
> years since I visited. Even then the original, presumed Scot, Hamish
> had long sold out to a Korean fellow. But the hggis was still good.
> -j
>

> On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 2:46 PM, Stephen Dawson <stephen-d-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org>
> wrote:
>> Michael Lauzon wrote:
>>>
>>> As the subject says, does anyone know of any Scottish restaurants in
>>> Toronto?  I only know of one restaurant, and it's not in Toronto but
>>> in Ottawa right across from the Rideau Centre.
>>>

>> Don't tell us that you want Haggis???
>>
>> Or is it Rollmops?
>>
>> Or Forfar Bridie <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridie>?
>>
>> Good luck
>> Stephen
>> --
>> The Toronto Linux Users Group.      Meetings: http://gtalug.org/

Peter Hiscocks
Syscomp Electronic Design Limited, Toronto
http://www.syscompdesign.com
USB Oscilloscope and Waveform Generator
647-839-0325