fwd: Social Computing Social

Matt Price matt.price-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 1 21:09:33 UTC 2010

Hi TLUGers,

I figured some of y'all would be interested in this little informal
get-together we're having at the Linuxcaffe mid-week...

Dear Geeks,

As you all know, Toronto has seen a real flowering of projects in the
last little while aimed at bring free and open source software to a
wider audience.  We now have a cluster of small groups -- Linux Ed,
Planet Geek, the project I'm calling "UseValue" for now, and of course
Toronto's new FreeGeek affiliate -- with similar & overlapping aims.

I think we all bring different skills and goals to the table, and that
we should all be sure to stay in conversation with each other.  We've
had some trouble scheduling it in the past but we would love, finally,
to see all of you this Wednesday at the first meeting of the

Toronto Social Computing Alliance
a.k.a. the Computer Conspiracy

an informal gathering of people interested in using computers & FLOSS to
bring about social change.

WHERE: LinuxCaffe, 326 Harbord St (@ Grace)
WHEN: Wed, Mar. 3, from 8:00 to 10:00

AGENDA: Getting to know each other and the projects we work on; helping
each other think about successes and challenges we face; brainstorming
about how we can all support each others' projects.

We think this'll be great!  and we hope to see you there.

In solidarity,
the co-conspirators

Matt, Use Value (matt.price-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org)
jon, Planet Geek (jon.alexander-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org)