Any Google Chrome/Chromium or Opera experiences/reviews?

waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 30 23:18:23 UTC 2010

  Several years ago, AOL basically destroyed Netscape as we knew it, in
the process of trying to turn it into a pseudo-operating system.  The
Mozilla foundation had to scrap the Netscape code base entirely and go
back to square one to deliver a *WEB BROWSER*.

  Mozilla 0.9 was an all-in-one browser-cum-newsreader-cum-email-client
that inspired jokes regarding "about:kitchen sink".  Amidst the public
outcry, a new, stripped-down, lightweight web browser emerged, named
Phoenix (later renamed Firebird and then Firefox).

  Now, it seems that Firefox is following the emacs and MS Office lead.
Firefox is a mediocre operating system that lacks a lightweight web
browser.  Why does a *WEB BROWSER* need a mandatory spell-checker and
SQL database, fercryinoutloud?

  Unlike the previous time around, the Mozilla developers are not
listening to end-users, and trying to simplify/de-bloat the app.  They
keep on ramming crud like the "abortion bar" down users' throats.  I've
given up on Firefox, and am considering anything else.  How have your
experiences with Opera and/or Chrome/Chromium been?  Any other browsers
for linux that don't know about?